Monday 21 February 2011

Better view desired

Made it down for 7 (alarm issues sorted). Johnno was already in situ. He was scanning the hedge from the car park. After about 5 minutes he went to the hide. I was getting my gear when Russell Slack arrived and we joined him in the hide. No sign. After about 10 minutes they decided to walk down to Garganey hide. When they returned it was still a negative. They then both had to leave.

You guessed it. Within 5 minutes it was back in the same bush it was in last night!! I rang the chaps and within another 5 they were watching the bird.

A few texts brought more of the local chaps including Peter Roworth and his wife. Unfortunately Haydn (who was working locally) didn't connect in 2 brief attempts. A steady stream of hopefuls including Rob Chapman (nice to meet you) and Karl Dutton (who informed me he is about to retire...nice) continued to arrive up until noon when I had to leave but the bird didn't show again?

Here are a couple more shots...



3 comments:

Andy said...

Nice picture Alan.

Alan Whitehead said...

Cheers Pal. Thanks again for letting me know.

- said...

So that is what it looked like!!
You did better than my cr*p photography attempts - nice one!
Cheers for the call - Jono