Sunday 12 June 2011

2 MEGAS then maybe 1?

Been over to my Mothers this weekend as Louise was on a course in Manchester on Saturday morning. I fell into the trap (which I often do) of trying some Binoculars out at Focalpoint near Warrington. My main reason for visiting was to try out the new Swarovisions. They only had to 10x42's and they were nice but not stunning compared to my trusty Trino's (8X32 BN). I then tried the Zeiss Victory's 32's and 42's which I found very sharp but surprising lacking in depth of field? Finally I thought I'd try the Ultravids, they only had a 7x42 however. I wasn't going to bother as I'd never looked through a seven before. Anyway, it was in the display cabinet so why not...

WOW!!!

In a nutshell the best view I've ever had through a Binocular (and I've looked through a few). More thoughts tomorrow...

A double blast of MEGA's today. I was just telling Louise that a Booby looks similar to a Gannet when it became one! The other being a spectacular looking bird but not on the BOU list. An insurance tick? It won't be an issue for me until Saturday...

Here's a shot of the WTR taken by my pal Richard Willison. Nice 1 Rich...

2 comments:

James said...

not an insurance tick Alan. Split in 2005, just no accepted records.

Alan Whitehead said...

Ah...that's why it's not listed on the BOU site. Cheers James. Hope it hangs on till Sat?