Thursday 30 June 2011

Summer trip - more detail...

Things have really quietened down now...so thoughts are now turning to our Summer break, especially as it's the 1st July tomorrow.

If you've followed for a while you'll know my thoughts on Spanish logistics and Cuisine...not impressed!
So, it's back to the good old US of A! Below are my target birds i.e. ABA ticks.

Colorado
Gunnison's Sage Grouse
Colorado/Wyoming
Dusky Grouse
White-tailed Ptarmigan
Greater Prairie Chicken
Boreal Owl
Flammulated Owl
McCown’s Longspur
Chestnut-collared Longspur
Brown-capped Rosy Finch
Black-Rosy Finch
Gray Vireo
White-winged Crossbill
Red Crossbill
North Dakota
Gray Partridge
Baird’s Sparrow
Nevada
Himalayan Snowcock

We will be travelling extensively as usual, taking in 6 States. Interestingly (to me anyway!) John Vanderpoel's blog has been helping me with my planning as he is visiting some of the sites that I'm interested in. Another American guide Stuart Healy is also in "my area" (he was born in Bury!) so I'll be tapping into his journal when he gets back on-line.

26 days to go...BRING IT ON!

No comments: