Wednesday 20 July 2011

Rocky 2002 - 2011

If you read my Blog you obviously have an interest in birds/animals but maybe you’re not a Dog fan. If this is the case you need to give this post a miss.

I lost my lad yesterday. My wonderful, intelligent, brave, loyal German Shepherd called Rocky.

He’d contracted a terrible disease called CDRM which attacks their nervous system. It is degenerative with no cure. He first showed symptoms just over a year ago and has slowly but steadily deteriorated until he finally lost control of his bladder this week. He was only 8 years old.

I write this post as a therapy for my grief. This is obviously personal but I wanted to pay a tribute to him on my Blog for posterity.

There could possibly have been Dogs as good as Rocky…but none better. Goodbye my friend...gone but NEVER forgotten...

1 comment:

Andy said...

Alan, really sorry to hear this. Andy