Tuesday 13 September 2011

Things are hotting up!

The remnants of the Hurricane seem to have brought a few things across the pond. Star billing goes to the GREATER YELLOWLEGS...genuine this time! Luckily I'm old enough to have seen the Rockcliffe bird in Cumbria 16/10/1994. I'm sure there will be a lot of Birders praying it sticks till the weekend!! My pal Haydn's thinking of making the trip Friday, hope it hangs around for him?
Scilly is also scoring well with a Red-eyed Vireo heading the cast. Hope the weather and the birds continue to stay favourable...till I get there!!
Closer to home a possible Sooty/Bridled Tern in Co Durham...hope it's confirmed...as a BRIDLED!!! I could make it after work...

2 comments:

Paul said...

Bridled for me as well Alan. Having dipped the Rutland bird in '84 and the long stayer at Cemlyn, would love a chance at another, could be a great start to the autumn but not holding out much hope though

Alan Whitehead said...

I remember being at Filey and overhearing Pete Dunn talking about going to see the Cemlyn bird. Wales to see a bird? How times change!