Saturday 30 June 2012

A Great Day

Return trip to Bempton. Louise had to take the car to Hull after a minor shunt yesterday.
2 hours for a valet + 2 hours to dry = 4 hours shopping!

I've got to increase my walking, so I might as well walk at a Bird reserve. Made my way west towards Buckton in search of the ALPINE SWIFT. I bumped into Vicki from York who I'd met on a few occasions including the VEERY twitch. She's also a regular on Scilly the week we go. Also had a chat with Craig Thomas who I hadn't seen for quite a while. After waiting for a good hour someone picked it up over the trig point. I got very distant but conclusive views as it drifted back and forth. Brett Richards was helping with directions.

Couldn't resist another look at the Gannets on the cliff top...





As I was making my way back to the car I bumped into my pal Arnie Cowan who was leading a disabled group...top marks!

As I left "the box" informed me that the Spoonbill (P.126) had been re-located at the re-named Outstray Wetlands (Patrington Haven). Not one to miss a Patch Tick (lifer actually), I made my way down and connected immediately, albeit distantly...

Definitely a record shot!
A great day.

No comments: