Monday 24 September 2012

Chicago


Quite a City! Taken from the top of this!


Here's the view looking down...


A brilliantly planned City with parkland running the entire length on the Lake edge. An obvious migrant trap as birds make their movements. I selected Montrose Point about 5 miles North of the city as my base for migration watching.


I made around 7 early morning visits plus one full day. Loved it. Most mornings the birds entertained well although on the last morning the place was dead. This, after a cold front had past through?

I spent a lot of time near this dead (Magic) tree...


Birds were obviously easy to see here. Views could be brief but usually stunning in the (almost constant) sunshine. I'm not a great one for photo essays but I'll post a few of my better efforts for your perusal...

No comments: