Friday 28 September 2012

One in the hand and one in the bush!

Lunchtime session at Spurn fuelled by a report of a Firecrest. Turned out it was found by my mate Gary Dayes who I bumped into by the Bluebell. No luck with the little jewel (one of my favourite birds), so I ended up scanning the bushes in the immediate area.

Phil suddenly appeared around the corner informing me of an imminent release of a ringed bird (really must remember my radio!). Trouble was we didn't know what or where! Turned out it was a RBF (P.155, S.92) at Kew.

When we arrived "the crowd" were looking at another RBF in the bushes by the caravan park!
Paul then brought the second bird out to show to the crowd...

Nice head!
Following an early morning Goldcrest (106) at Holmpton a big bonus this evening came in the form of a cracking SEO...

Gotcha...just!

Here's to a bird-filled weekend...

No comments: