Monday 15 October 2012

Good morning!

Glorious weather so I decided to try once more for the Tawny Pipit. Walked south with "ma boy" from Easington until I reached the tern warden hut. A couple of other birders turned up but I decided to do my own thing due to my energetic young male! He did try to keep a low profile to be fair...


An hour later I still hadn't connected despite covering a large area. It was gone 11 by now but I was determined to give it a "good go" so I continued scanning. Then...there it was (S.105, P165) running around on the shingle and VERY well camouflaged...


A large bonus came in the form of this SEO near the car park...



Just had a text of Tony Dixon telling me his caravan is rocking in Cornwall...I hope that's from the westerly wind! Jet stream directed straight at Scilly...

No comments: