Sunday 6 January 2013

A Grand Day!

Rewarded for an early start today down snakey lane with great views of Short-eared Owl and Barn Owl (sat in the roadside hedge at 5m).

Next to Out Newton but no joy with the Little Owl.

Great joy though with a magnificent fly-by skein of Pink-footed Geese...






Kilnsea Wetlands next but still no Geese here...at least for me. The radio informed me, through the voice of Barry Spence that there was a Coot on the canal...again...not for me. I did bump into the locals doing the Michael Clegg birdrace and this character taking it easy in the triangle...























Siskin were mentioned in the Crown and Anchor car park...I managed to see them later in the day (S.50, P70). A Whooper Swan was reported from Long Bank but I didn't connect.

I did pass this rather dapper Kestrel looking for his lunch...

VERY healthy population on the Patch
























So, that's it for now...or maybe not!

A triumvirate of shots from Phil Jones that you might like...I did!

Far Ings

Ashbyville, Scunthorpe

Kilnsea Wetlands


No comments: