Wednesday 27 February 2013

A grand day out

Woke up to find bright sunshine and no wind...AT LAST!!

This inspired me to get out there and enjoy it.

I started by driving the loop around Sunk Island were I spotted this Peregrine...


Next I decided to give it a go down at Welwick Marsh. Mainly due to the much drier conditions for Buddy to walk through!

As I got out of the car I noticed a large bird flying fast on my right...Male Hen Harrier!! I reached back into the car and grabbed my camera, turned it on and fired of a few quick shots. Not brilliant, but you get the idea...


Really pleased I managed to grab some sort of image of this superb bird.

I then made my way up onto the floodbank and walked towards Patrington Haven. As I climbed up the bank a Kingfisher (P.98) flew swiftly along the channel...

Can you see it?

A distant Marsh Harrier was also recorded.

I returned this afternoon and had a very pleasant couple of hours. No more Harrier sightings but a distant SEO was nice...



Watched the sunset...


...and the geese (inc 3 Barnacles) going to roost...

No comments: