Saturday 30 March 2013

A pleasant evening

First...late news from yesterday. Went for a walk on the beach with my youngest lad and his fiance'. Of course I didn't take my camera...which usually means something good will turn up. It did! As we descended down the cliff a Shag (H.55, P.103) flew along the beach (I resisted the obvious red-top headline). This is only my second record of this species on the Patch and a Holmpton lifer to boot.

Visited the Snow Buntings again this morning and met up with Richard Willison who was taking some pics.

This afternoon was spent down in the Kilnsea Wetlands/Beacon Ponds area. Things started well with a couple of Avocets (S.75, P.104) on Kilnsea Wetlands. Also viewed a group of Snipe (S.76). A walk out to Beacon Ponds produced a female Pochard (S.77, P.105)...


The Long-tailed Duck is still present and looking fine.

Easterlies still dominating and forecast to continue for at least another week. Anyone for a Sand Martin?

No comments: