Friday 8 March 2013

Birds and Trains

The day turned out grim...again! Cold, grey, wet, etc, etc. Cheery stuff.

Still, onward.

I gave up on the morning as a thick drizzle set in to combine with the greyness.

After lunch I tried again. The rain abated around 3 as I reached Skeffling. A count of c750 Oystercatchers at the high tide roost was impressive. As was c300 Golden Plover flying east.

I gave it an hour but no sign of anything else of note. As I left the floodbank I spotted something very noteworthy...


Suddenly the weather didn't seem to matter...well not much! The SEO was supplemented with at least 3 Barn Owls...



Off to Mothers tomorrow for the big day. Going via here...

File:Ribblehead Viaduct in North Yorkshire.jpg
Ribblehead Viaduct
This will be going over it at 4.20pm...


Should be quite a sight.

Train spotter to Bird Watcher?

No comments: