Friday 19 July 2013

Sunbathing Owl and Texas migrants

Driving past Out Newton this morning I was surprised to see my little friend sat on the barn roof in 23c heat!

He was trying to hide from me however...


Right...a few shots of migrants. I was fortunate enough to time my visits to the migrant traps to coincide with a few thunderstorms. The best day was at South Padre Island where I visited a few of the famed spots. The best hour was spent at the convention centre. An amazing spot not more than 20 yds in circumference but an oasis for migrants in the right conditions. These were the right conditions! I saw 15 species of Warbler plus Orioles, Tanagers and Vireos...FANTASTIC!!!

Here's a few of the better efforts...

Rose-breasted Grosbeak


Baltimore Oriole


Yellow-throated Warbler
 
Chestnut-sided Warbler
 ...and...finally, after much searching, my Texas Philadelphia Vireo...

drenched but smart!
Hope you liked them...

No comments: