Sunday 21 July 2013

Texas 13 - Overkill?

Believe it or not I'm conscious of overdoing the holiday snaps! On the other hand I've had good feedback regarding passing on information about this bird-rich State...so I'll do a few more...while we're in the summer hiatus.

There are three species of Cuckoo in the US. In an earlier post I showed a photo of a Black-billed Cuckoo, below are a few shots of Yellow-billed from Sabine Woods...



3 is a bit greedy!

Here are a few more from the wonderful Sabine Woods...

Well...the odd one doesn't hurt!
Couldn't really nail the fireball Blackburnian Warbler as the ones I saw stayed high in the canopy but I managed to fluke this one...


Blackpolls are always smart...


A soft focus Red-eyed Vireo...


Northern Parula

Baltimore Oriole
I'll probably post a couple more round-ups of my trip to the bird State.

Oh, by the way, the third Cuckoo is Mangrove which is found in Florida. I still haven't seen this bird (dipped in 2009) but I'll be having another go next Springtime as I've just booked for 2014...

No comments: