Wednesday 2 October 2013

Great morning

Down the road this morning before the afternoon shift. Started around Canal scrape car park. I soon picked up the sound of crests! To cut a long story short after a good root round I found this gem...



Yellow-browed Warblers are smart, so are Pallas's...BUT Firecrests (S.115, P.159) are the BEST!

A couple more...not brilliant, but I like them!?


and then it was gone...


I overheard a couple of chaps chatting about the Jack Snipe (S.116, P.160) they'd just seen in the hide. That will do me.

Rather distant at first...


then luckily, it flew closer...


I finished off at Easington on the south side of the Gas terminal. Steve Webb informed me he'd just seen the RB Fly. After a good 30 minutes scanning I managed to pick it up in a sycamore. I also found a group (c6) of Brambling (S.117, P.161) through the drizzle in the tree tops...


Wonderful stuff...

No comments: