Saturday 16 November 2013

Locally

Second day of my 4 day break so I decided to take it easy and try a few local spots. Before I start my riveting review though, I thought I'd mention the Barn Owl (always worth mentioning) I saw at Out Newton late yesterday afternoon...


Today I started by taking at look at the local Snow Buntings. I picked up a group of nine in flight...


They soon settled, allowing closer views. Delightful...is a good way to describe these little jewels I feel....


The rest of the day petered out to be honest. I had a good chat with Phil and spent the last hour down at Skeffling hoping for a raptor or maybe some Twite...but no luck.

I'll finish my Scilly review sometime next week when I'm back at work...and therefore can't bird!

Over to Leeds tomorrow to join up with my lads for the "Old Man's" birthday celebrations. 21 again!

No comments: