Thursday 7 November 2013

Lowering the sights

After all the excitement it's time to calm down now and focus locally. You can't get much more local than your own backyard!

I set up my feeding station for the winter today. In no time at all I had a Coal Tit...


also a few Tree Sparrows...

not bad through the double glazing!
plus the usual fayre...

Cute!

All the little 'uns were watched by this biggun on the yard wall...

Quite smart really



16 Snow Buntings at Withernsea Sewage works this morning. Just reward for Big Phil!  I'm sure they'll be a regular pick-me-up during the forthcoming winter months. Here's a cracker I saw on Scilly down at Peninnis Head...


Just flagging up that I'll be doing my Scilly review soon. It's not what it used to be?

WHITE'S THRUSH
SORA
AMERICAN ROBIN - the seventh!
GREY-CHEEKED THRUSH
PALLAS'S GRASSHOPPER WARBLER
Purple Heron
Pallid Swift
Red-throated Pipit
Paddyfield Warbler
Subalpine Warbler
Dusky Warbler
Radde's Warbler
Pallas's Warbler
Rose-coloured Starling
Spotted Crake
Short-toed Lark
Bluethroat
Little Bunting

amongst others...

No comments: