Monday 17 March 2014

Calm before the Storm?

Started in the village hoping for a migrant, maybe a Wheatear? No luck...but the fresh air was nice!

Next down to Kilnsea Wetlands. 24 Avocets!! A couple of White Wagtails were obviously new in...


Plenty of Brents coming and going. Very dapper...



I counted seven Whooper Swans in the adjacent fields...

A group of four

My luck was in when they decided to have trip to Beacon Ponds. The territorial male Mute didn't approve however...


They stuck it out for a while and then they were off...




 

A bit OTT I know...but I DO like Whooper Swans!

I decided to spend the last couple of hours down at Patrington Haven (after our first gardening session of the year). High tide was around 5.30 so I was interested to see what would turn up. On the way down I picked up a distant Marsh Harrier...


No raptors or Owls down by the Humber but impressive numbers of waders including at least 1000 Redshank. It was nice to be able to sit on the grass at this time of year!

Those migrants can't be far away?

No comments: