Thursday 3 April 2014

Misty

The weather didn't cooperate today as it stayed gloomy all day. At least it wasn't windy! It soon became apparent that Fieldfares were on the move. The first evidence was at Out Newton...


They soon disappeared into the mist...


I counted 11 birds.

Next sighting was at Easington Cemetery. At least 300 birds present here...


Another large flock was seen down at Sunk Island mixed in with Starlings...


A conservative estimate would be 500 birds seen.

I paid two visits to Sammy's. My first produced a smart female Blackcap (P.91) which managed skilfully to avoid my camera. A flyover Snipe (P.92) was a well overdue first of the year.

My visit late afternoon was based around a second attempt to photograph the Blackcap. Alas it failed but compensation was found in the form of this Chiffchaff (P.93)...



No comments: