Thursday 31 July 2014

Different location

I pass the L.O. site as I take Bud for his evening constitutional. This involves me sitting in the back of the shootingbrake and fido fetching the (advertised ) indestructible ball?!

As I passed the barn I noticed a Barn Owl on a fencepost...


Unfortunately it was flushed by a passing lorry.

After exercising his lordship I returned past the farm and noticed a distant bird on the barn roof...

Showing the rear head pattern
As I was driving back home I noticed a shape in a bush. We do that a lot...don't we?

I stopped and reversed the car into a lay by. I still wasn't sure it was a bird but when I lifted my bins I saw this...


Hope you like it Steve...

2 comments:

Studland Birder said...

Alan
Thanks. Double Owls even better
Steve

Alan Whitehead said...

Absolutely! In the same area as well.