Tuesday 12 August 2014

More luck

Spent the last hour driving the local roads with intermittent dog exercise sessions and frequent scans for birds!

I was hoping to see the Barn Owl again on Snakey lane but no joy. I made my way up to the Gas Terminal at Easington. As I approached the clifftop field I glanced to my left to see a hovering Marsh Harrier!!! Quite a surprise. I pulled over, grabbed the camera and fired off a few shots. The light was poor and it soon moved off but I managed a (poor) record shot...

almost surreal

I hadn't seen the Little Owls for a few days and I wondered if they had dispersed from the nest site. I was mistaken...


and his/her brother/sister...


I hope they will give me much more entertainment in the future.

.............................................................................................

Well, it's time to spill the beans. I've received a payment regarding my medical negligence claim. It's been nearly 2 and a half years since my operation. That's a long time to walk around with one leg longer than the other. I'll leave it there...for now.

I've invested some of it wisely though. I've booked us a winter break in Mallorca next March! I've always fancied going back there after enjoying a family holiday many moons ago. We'll be staying here between Puerto Pollensa and Alcudia. The resort just happens to back on to the Albufereta marsh! Many other great birding spots are nearby. I realise it's too early for many species but it doesn't matter. I'll be warmer than our North Sea village!!

No comments: