Sunday 14 September 2014

Another local!

Things started promisingly this morning when the first bird I saw was this Wheatear...

7.05am
...much appreciated!

A small group of Golden Plover flew north...


...wonder if there's a Dotterel in there?!

I then noticed another car on the clifftop. I presumed (you should never do this apparently) it was a dog walker. It turned out to be another local birder...Gavin from Withernsea! We chatted for a good while and exchanged numbers. He informed me that he'd watched Holmpton for a good few years with (not surprisingly) modest success! He also said he'd been the assistant warden at Spurn for a year under Barry Spence.

We will persevere. A SIBERIAN RUBYTHROAT would ease the pain!!!

I have another Buzzard saga to relay. More tomorrow...

No comments: