Saturday 6 December 2014

Bonus Goose

A couple of hours down at Spurn yesterday afternoon in bright SUNSHINE! The Brent flock was present in the North Bank fields. I had a scan through and eventually picked out the Black Brant I also noticed something else...

3 Barnacle Geese (P.161, S. 134)
Always a question mark as to origin BUT they'll do as a Year tick. I'm not proud! Amazingly they then left the flock and landed much closer...as if to say hello...


Within a minute they'd returned to the group...


It was gone 3 now and the light was fading. I'd seen Mick Turton on the floodbank and I then heard him call a Hen Harrier hunting over Beacon Ponds. I couldn't see from my position so I drove up onto Long Bank and parked. With the help of Mick's directions I picked it up coming towards me over Kilnsea Wetlands. It then veered North over the Brent flock (where I'd just been!)

A couple of distant images...



No comments: