Tuesday 24 February 2015

A few bits

Local Birding time limited pre-holiday but I'm still managing to find the odd noteworthy bird. Gannets are starting to appear in decent numbers now. More Red-legs seen down Snakey...


...but still no Grey Partridges yet. Plenty of flooded fields due to the heavy rain lately. One turned up another couple of Village ticks this morning, again down Snakey.

Curlew (H.45)...


and Redshank (H.46)...


Standing water (VERY) limited in Holmpton!

Having had a look at my far too long "Birds I should have seen by now list" I decided to take Bud along the canal footpath at Spurn. Wonder if there's a Coot (S.46) lurking in the reeds...

2 present, here's one
Back home for lunch...so that's where all my seed's going!


No Goldfinches seen yet on the whole Patch. Maybe I can attract some to my yard?


No comments: