Saturday 18 July 2015

Great start!

We found Encato Park easily after leaving our Airport Best Western. It only took 20 minutes. We pulled up in the main car park and I sorted my gear out. I could hear "the Lovebirds" as soon as I opened the car door!

After a short scan I picked one out...

Rosy-faced Lovebird (ABA 669)

It was already getting toasty but I was chuffed to grab this image of the bird against the dark background. Introduced I know BUT...countable...and cute!

I tolerated around 30 minutes more before the temperature said it was time to leave!

A few more...


They spent a lot of time hidden in the trees...but I found these two watching me...


The rest of the day was spent making our way south towards Green Valley, our base for the holiday. We stopped off on the way at the amazing Saguaro National Park home to the largest Cactus in America.


That's not a Cactus...THIS is a Cactus!!!


A truly unique experience as we drove the loop through these giants. I even managed to get a pic of classic desert bird in the form of a Cactus Wren Took a few snaps before diving back to the a/c!

It popped up on top of this Saguaro...which was fitting...


Pic came out well from that distance in the heat...


As we approached Tucson a Roadrunner...ran across the road! Louise pulled over , the bird was in view and close...no power! Gutted. By the time I'd changed batteries it had moved on. All I got was this...


Honesty is the best policy!

More tomorrow hopefully...

No comments: