Thursday 27 August 2015

Black Stork!

I finished at 5, went home, picked Bud up and headed for Sunk Island. I'd seen pics of it on various websites and thought I'd give it a go. I don't know how well you know the Patrington Haven/Sunk Island/Stone Creek area...but it's BIG, VERY BIG.

Three Marsh Harriers and a Wheatear provided entertainment between Pat' Haven and Sunk Island. Where to look? Stubble, plough, ditches...everywhere! It's a BIG bird BUT it's a gigantic area.

Much scanning took place in the next hour or so but no luck. It was now approaching 7 and the sun was behind thick cloud. Hopes were fading...fast. I tried another minor road, dodging the endless tractor traffic. How I love the peace and quiet?

I stopped opposite yet another ditch, this one had water. I picked up my trusty trinnies and this is what I saw...


A great moment...

......................................................................................

Apologies again regarding my Arizona write up. No promises this time but I will continue when I have the time and energy...

No comments: