Tuesday 6 October 2015

S.E.Arizona - Summary

We fly home today...BUT still time to nip out to see another bird...closer!

When I see Cliff Swallow it always makes me smile as I think about my British sighting at Spurn 23/10/1995. I'd been seeing them everyday as we passed under the bridge near our hotel. So  I decided to give it an hour before we left for the airport to see if I could photograph them. Not easy!
Plus, even though I was under the bridge out of the sun...it was cooking! I'm sure you can appreciate how fast these birds move!

Below are three of my better efforts...




Summary

So, how did I find it?



                      I've already stated that I visited the area in 2005. I also had a brief visit in 2000 in another life. It's a fantastic region for Birding. It gives you enough room to explore (which I love) and yet you can spend hours at one location and NEVER be bored. It has great infrastructure, friendly people and terrific birds. There's also a wide range of habitats.
                     My BIG day was one of the best I've had...EVER! I got lucky...especially with the Nightjar. Thanks again Richard! I'd like to return one day to bird in the winter months...when it's a bit cooler.

The full report (if you're having a really slow day) can be found here or under labels down the right hand side.


No comments: