Tuesday 3 November 2015

Autumn is drifting away...BUT there's still time yet

Still time for something special. It's been a bit grim in these parts lately. Plenty of mist and fog, not great for Birding. Once the magic month has passed it's easy to switch off but that would be a mistake.

Here's a few November records to keep the spirits up...

Yellow-billed Cuckoo

Chimney Swift

Cliff Swallow

Cedar Waxwing

Veery

American Robin

Asian Desert Warbler

Long-tailed Shrike

Black-and-white Warbler

Blackpoll Warbler

White-throated Sparrow

Slate-coloured Junco

Bobolink

Amongst others. Not bad...


................................................................................................

Last word from me on the Chestnut Bunting saga. I've received a couple of e-mails from Birders expressing concern over the various accounts of how this bird behaved. I fully understand their position. I passed on a text from a friend (as already stated)...that's all. I wasn't there and to be honest who gives a monkeys what I think in the grand scheme of things. I can't see it affecting the BOURC's decision somehow! You pays your money...you takes your choice. If it does get accepted then full marks to all who made the trip and they get a fully deserved insurance tick....and I don't!!

I just didn't rate it...that's all...



No comments: