Wednesday 27 January 2016

Cyprus 2016 - Day 1

Armed with my Gosney guide I was out early this morning at the Meneou Pools just NE of Perlovia...the location of our eHotel. Just co-incidence you understand. We had a few teething problems...e.g there was no heating in our room (a bit nippy in the evenings) so we got a free upgrade to a Garden Villa...nice!

This was my first view...


Thousands of Greater Flamingoes!

Including encouraging numbers of first year birds...


then gone...but not flushed...


Onto the Sewage Works hide. Thousands of Shoveler, Teal and Mallard with a few Wigeon. Also, plenty of Black-necked Grebes.

After breakfast we headed for Limassol. The targets were the 2 rare Kingfishers, namely PIED and WHITE-BREASTED. I gave both a respectable amount of time but didn't get lucky with either.

I did find an early migrant however on Lady's Mile...

Avocet

No comments: