Tuesday 27 September 2016

Steady

Spent the morning to the South of the Patch and recorded a Grey Plover (H.91) on the beach at Out Newton. We had a wonder down to Old Hive which produced nothing. On the way back to the car I spotted a bird behaving in a typical way. Bobbing about on top of weeds and hovering...a Stonechat.
 
 
 
After a trip to the Post Office I returned via Sunk Island, agan it was quiet but I did spot this Kestrel in the stubble...
 
 
Late afternoon saw me to the North but nothing of note seen except for this lone Stock Dove on Snakey lane...
 
 
Sorry Phil!
 
Nationally things are starting to warm up. 2 Red-eyed Vireos together on St Agnes, Scilly. This is a superb species which deserves full respect still IMHO. Up north a Brown Shrike and Paddyfield Warbler were the star attractions.
 
Westerlies are in charge and I'm backing Scilly to produce something special...no surprise there!
 

No comments: