Tuesday 1 November 2016

A day of two halves

Been a bit busy this afternoon, sorting a few things out in Hull. The main one being my "smart" phone! Hopefully things will run reasonably smoothly now after my appointment with "the Guru"?
 
Early morning found me down at Long Bank. It was dismal, wet and cold!!
 
However the RLB was out hunting, albeit distantly, over the marsh. Nice...
 
 
I watched this magnificent bird for a good hour before it drifted out into a central area between Easington Straight and Sammy's...
 
 
 
I enjoyed the final part of the show with Phil Jones and Richard Willison. There were thousands and I mean THOUSANDS of thrushes in the area. An amazing spectacle! The lane down to Sammy's was teaming with them. I joined Phil there as he'd called me to tell me a Ring Ouzel was present...
 
 
A fine bird indeed.
 

No comments: