Tuesday 17 January 2017

Out of bounds

A Glaucous Gull reported at Hornsea Mere was tempting enough for me to make the trip. A quick chat and scan revealed nothing. I did see Tim Isherwood leaving but didn't realize until it was too late. Sorry pal.
 
News then came through that the Black-throated Thrush had re-appeared in South Yorkshire. Why not? I gave Phil a text to see if he fancied it. He answered in the affirmative and I met him at Wooley Edge services on the M1. Unfortunately the bird had decided to fly south over the River Dearne at 11.30!
 
After a quick chat we decided to head for Swillington Ings. We stopped off at Lemonroyd Sewage Works and eventually managed to find a Water Pipit...
 
 
After a Glaucous Gull "scare"at Astley Lake we moved onto the main reserve and Phil took me to the pool where a Long-tailed Duck had been frequenting. The bird was diving continually but I eventually managed a record shot through the ever increasing gloom...
 
 
We agreed we would try for the BTT again tomorrow morning if it was re-located...
 

No comments: