Tuesday 18 April 2017

Back to basics...with a Village LIFER!

There's a lag-time with my postings at the moment but I'm doing my best to catch up!

For the record I HAD to post evidence regarding my RED KITE sighting. My word...was it really April 3rd!!!


Pleased I managed to "grab" something as I pulled the car over and scrambled for my gear. An important sighting...for me.

Yesterday I made my first visit to "old hive" which is situated towards the southern end of my Village patch. I was soon watching Sand Martins...lots of them...


I estimated around 100 birds were present. Uplifting.

Then a familiar shape in the hedge...


...then the plough...

Wheatear
My early morning walk had definitely kick-started things British again!


First Swallow this morning and 4 Song Thrushes singing in the Village.

No comments: