Wednesday 30 August 2017

Passage Waders

ANY wader is noteworthy at Holmpton!

An hour down the cliff early doors had only produced a single juv Bullfinch and a chat with Richard Boon. As he drifted off through the undergrowth (I wimped out due to short attire) I heard the distinctive 7 note call of the Whimbrel (P.130, H.88). A quick scan produced three birds heading South off-shore. I thought that would be that...but then more "peeping". Now a flock of 5! They circled a couple of times and then continued South. An excellent local record.

My pal Trevor found not one but TWO GREENISH WARBLERS at Bempton!!! I must try harder...

Off to London tomorrow for a review of my hip. Then on Saturday I'll be treading the hallowed turf at Gigg Lane as I've been invited to be guest of honour at the Scunthorpe game. I'll be a nostalgic trip down memory lane! Looking forward to it and I'll be great for my wonderful Mother.

No comments: