Wednesday 27 September 2017

Scops Owl

Louise had cancellations so I asked her if she fancied a ride out...to County Durham! She drove of course. Her neck of the woods to be fair.

A special bird. I always think back to the Dummer, Hampshire bird (86?) when I first started this wonderful pastime. Reading Richard Millington's inspirational diaries in Birdwatch magazine. I did see the Thrupp bird during the air raid of 2007 but the chance to possibly see one roosting was just to tempting. We arrived around 12, had a coffee, Louise read her novel while I made my way the short distance to the site.

Luckily the bird was in view in a thankfully relatively "safe" position...if you get my drift!


Can you see it?


My pics...

Open
and shut
Must check the Holmpton bushes more thoroughly. Quite a find!!!

No comments: