Monday 18 September 2017

Taking stock

A calmer day today. Great birds still arriving though.

BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO
 
PALLAS'S GRASSHOPPER WARBLER

...plus a strong supporting cast.

Fortunately I don't "need" any of them so I can convalesce relatively stress free? The BBC was a tick for most until the North Uist bird. Funny how a species can be demoted. Still a fabulous bird though.

The PG Tips has bitter memories of my Spurn dip. I'll have to be quicker to the mist net! Maybe a Lancy next time!? The ups and downs of Twitching. We're now approaching the meaty period of the year rarity wise, although it's been excellent already. The next few weeks will no doubt produce some serious adrenaline rushes. Hope I can cope with the excitement...

I'll be out locally from first light and I'll be lowering my sights somewhat...but then again...you never know in this game?

No comments: